To promote economic development, good governance, social progress and improving living standards through accountability, efficiency and sustainability of the public finances and secure sound and sustainable management of the financial affairs of municipalities inclusive of municipal entities.
1. Provide departmental corporate services.
2. Provide provincial internal audit services.
3. Provide provincial fiscal resources management services.
4. Provide provincial financial management services.
5. Provide intra and inter-governmental relations.
6. Provide departmental financial management support services.
7. Provide administrative support services to the HOD.
To provide departmental corporate services
1. Provide human resources services.
Provide auxiliary services.
3. Provide information management services.
4. Provide legal services.
To provide provincial internal audit services.
1. Provide assurance services.
2. Provide risk and advisory services.
3. Provide forensic investigation services.
4. Provide strategic executive support services.
Provide provincial fiscal resources management services.
1. Ensure optimal, sustainable and equitable finance resource allocation, budget management, revenue generation, collection and accurate financial reporting by provincial departments.
2. Ensure efficient budget and expenditure management and accurate financial reporting for local government.
3. Ensure the provisioning infrastructure and economic services in the province.
4. Provide strategic executive support services to the branch.
To provide sound provincial management practices in the province in accordance with various financial legislative mandates
1. Provide an integrated public private partnership service to institutions to ensure compliance with legislative mandates.
2. Promote sound supply chain management practices in the province.
3. Provide accounting practices and solutions services throughout the province to ensure the improvement of transversal accounting procedures and processes.
4. Provide an integrated cash management and liabilities support service.
5. Provide strategic executive services to the entire financial management branch in support of achieving the branch's strategic and service delivery objectives.
6. Provide a regulatory environment for gaming and betting in the province.
To provide departmental financial management support services.
1. Provide financial management, accounting and strategic management support services.
2. Provide supply chain management, asset management and loss control services.
3. Provide Internal control and risk management services
To provide intra and inter-governmental relations.
Co-ordinate and provide input documents to enable effective participation by MEC and HOD in interdepartmental and intergovernmental forums.
2. Co-ordinate Treasury's representation on various cabinet clusters.
3. Co-ordinate Treasury's implementation of MPMA with the DLGTA, and
4. Co-ordinate outgoing and incoming internal visits involving MEC and HOD.